3D Artist (f/m/d) –
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
3D Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a 3D artist to work on our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. The candidate will be part of the 3D art team reporting directly to the Lead 3D artist.
- Sculpting, Lowpoly modelling, mapping and texturing (PBR workflow) of various types of assets like buildings, vehicles, props, and vegetation from hard edge surfaces to organic shapes.
- As a side task, there will also be dressing of levels in Unreal Engine
- Shipped at least 1 title as a 3D artist.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to stylized.
- Strong knowledge of technical constraints related to 3D real-time engines.
- Strong hard surface modeling skills, and ability to create hard surface props.
- Strong sculpting skills for organic shapes using Zbrush.
- Proficient in the high poly, and low poly baking workflow
- Proficient in creating efficient Mapping, minimizing seams and distortion
- Proficient in Zbrush, 3DS Max or Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Rizom.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver.
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience with Substance designer, World machine, Marvelous designer, and Speedtree.
- Level dressing experience.
- Concept art and Visual design skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Having notions of lighting.
- Test task (expect about 8 hours, can be spread over two/three days)
- Online video interview
- Ideally on-site interview, if possible, otherwise second online
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 38h workweek
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Diese Stellenanzeige wurde präsentiert von