Animator (f/m/d) –
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
We are currently looking for an experienced animator to join our team as we embark on creating our next exceptional game using the Unreal Engine. As an Animator, you will have the chance to work on a range of gameplay animations from keyframe to mocap that will help bring our characters to life.
- Creating keyframe 3D animations for characters and creatures for in-game and cutscenes.
- Cleaning up and editing motion capture data.
- Working together with our game designers, concept artists and character modellers on the aesthetic of the movement and gameplay-specific animation timing.
Reporting directly to the lead animator.
- Proficient in using Autodesk Maya.
- Proficient in using Autodesk Motion Builder.
- Shipped at least 2 titles as an animator.
- 5+ years in the game industry.
- Ability to produce realistic as well as stylized human and non-human movements.
- Understanding of animation requirements for an action game (sharpness, telegraph timings, combat actions timings, etc.)
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Willingness to work on location.
- Experience with Unreal 4/5 engine (animation graph, blueprint system, sequencer).
- Experience with 3DS Max.
- Knowledge of character rigging and skinning.
- CV and portfolio
- First interview (online or in person)
- Test-task (information will be given to you)
- Ideally, on-site interview if possible, otherwise online
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcomed and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Diese Stellenanzeige wurde präsentiert von