Applied Scientist III
Stellenbezeichnung: Applied Scientist III
Arbeitsort / Location: Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg
Job Beschreibung: DESCRIPTION
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in technology and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We are a newly established innovative Development Center in Tübingen, Germany which focuses on computer vision, machine learning, robotics and causality in diverse application fields at Amazon.
If you get excited by the prospect of dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, working in a startup like environment and if you want to come to one of the most exciting places of the world for researching Intelligent Systems, then we have the perfect role for you.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– A PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning
– Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision
– Multiple years of applied science experience
– Proven knowledge and experience of computing fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving and diagnosis
– Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g,. Java, C/C++, C#)
– Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl)
– Experience with Linux/Unix systems
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent problem solving ability
– Experience in publishing at major conferences or journals
– Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
– Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
– Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
– Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
– Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team
– Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
– Familiarity with ARM CPUs & neural network accelerators.
– Experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTouch, MxNet, ONNX, and Caffe.
– Prior experience with embedded camera product development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.