Concept Artist (f/m/d) –
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
Concept Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for an environment and character concept artist to work on ‘TMNT: The Last Ronin’ and all our upcoming titles in the future. You will be creating 2D concept art (characters, buildings, props, backgrounds) in accordance with the artistic vision of the game. This role will have frequent interaction within the Concept Art team, as well as with the Outsourcing Manager and the 3D and Character Art teams. We are looking for someone used to teamwork, communicating and iterating proactively.
- Creating 2D concept art efficiently, including characters, environments, mood paintings, buildings, props and vehicles, user interface and storyboards.
- Assisting other teams, from Game Design to Narrative, supporting the creation of the game’s vision and bringing all the pieces together.
- Understanding and adapting to possible technical constraints when creating concepts so that the translation between concept and final assets is as straightforward as possible.
- Creating faster and more accurate concept art for 3D in-house environment artists and outsourcers with 3D tools like Blender, 3dsmax, etc.
- Communicating with outsourcing companies.
- Creating storyboards of real-time cutscenes used as a base of work for our cinematic team.
This role reports to the Lead Concept Artist
- Shipped at least 1 title as a concept artist.
- 3+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a concept artist.
- Highly proficient with 2D drawing and painting tools like Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D modelling tools.
- Have strong fundamental skills in drawing, painting, light and colour.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, proportions and perspective
- Being able to adapt to different art styles, from very realistic to stylized.
- Self-motivated, problem solver and proactive.
- Good ability to communicate with others and to work as part of a team.
- Proficient English skills.
- Sculpting/mapping/texturing skills.
- Experience with open-world games.
- At least 1 AAA title shipped.
- Experience working with outsourcing companies and communicating with externals.
We would like to see the best pieces of your portfolio (Assessment)
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
- And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcomed and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Diese Stellenanzeige wurde präsentiert von