Lighting Artist (f/m/d) –
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
Lighting Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a Lighting Artist to work on our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. They will be working on setting up and maintaining a part of the lighting and moods for our games.
- Work with the Executive Art Director on defining moods and lighting styles.
- Set up the main lighting and moods of our levels/worlds.
- Set up local lighting indoors and in key locations.
- Set up lighting for cutscenes and cinematics.
- Set up and lighting of dynamic VFX made by our VFX Team.
- Maintain the right balance between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Maintain/develop our lighting pipeline, and research new lighting techniques.
Reporting directly to the Executive Art Director
- Shipped at least 1 title as a full-time Lighting Artist.
- 3+ years experience at a game studio working as a lighting artist.
- Strong knowledge of luminance and colour theory.
- Strong knowledge of modern lighting techniques, and technical and performance pipelines.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to Stylized.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver, and team player.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5 and Unreal 5 lighting pipeline.
- Experience with performance tracking tools (Pix, Razor, RenderDoc).
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
- And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcomed and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Diese Stellenanzeige wurde präsentiert von