System Administrator (f/m/d) –
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
System Administrator (f/m/d)
As a System Administrator in Black Forest Games’ IT team, you will be able to pick up tasks from potential wide topics including Linux, Infrastructure, Networking, Software Development Environments, 3D Software, various Open Source Software and a range of Operating Systems and devices in use by the development teams as well as contribute to our hybrid cloud effort.
- Operate and expand Linux and Windows infrastructure
- Assist teams with deploying their workloads into cloud and on-premises environments
- Improve monitoring and automation systems
- Build and maintain highly available systems
- Administration and support for software, engineering platforms, utilities and tools
- Assist engineers and content creators with problem-solving
- Continuously update technical documentation
- Experience or willingness with Windows and/or Linux OS troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good programming knowledge in one major language but preferable in Python, C#, Powershell, Bash
- Comfortable learning about modern open-source technologies and tools
- Solid English language skills, comfortable communicating verbally and in writing
- Solid understanding of security principles and best practices
- Education: BS in Computer Science or a similar field, lots of experience is just as good
- Experience in automation and deployment tools
- Familiar with topics covered in LPIC-1 or LPIC-2
- CV, personal references
- Work samples (optional if programming-related).
- Only submit code that you wrote and own)
- A short call to identify an appropriate test task where you can shine
- Test task (about 4-8 hours, can be spread over two/three days). Send us your certification, and we can cut down on this.
- Online video interview
- On-site interview (if possible, otherwise second online)
- Examples of previous work done are appreciated.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Diese Stellenanzeige wurde präsentiert von